There’s no denying running a bar and grill can be pretty tough. While you may think it all depends on the restaurant’s concept, menu, training staff, and handling operations, there is more to it than what you may be missing out on. In order to make your bar and grill successful, you need to spend time promoting it and making sure customers find your establishment. Otherwise, they will end up patronizing your competition. And this can only be bad for your business.
If you are wondering how you can successfully promote your bar and grill, here are some things you need to remember:
Don’t forget to use social media
For any business, social media can be an effective tool. As a matter of fact, it has largely become the way people communicate with each other, their family, friends, former classmates, and others. More so, social media has turned into a medium for individuals to have their concerns raised and heard by their favorite brands, products, restaurants, and even celebrities. If you want your business to be discovered by people, you will need to use social media websites the best way you can.
These are the types of things your bar and grill should post on social media:
- Promotions and discounts. Inform your customers they can get a particular discount once they are following your Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare account.
- Post exclusive photos. Share photos on social media customers won’t easily have access to unless they are following your page. This includes promotions and discounts.
- New products and services. If you are introducing a new product to your bar and grill, you can let your customers know about it through social media.
- Welcome opinions. Let your customers share their opinions on your bar and grill. Thank them for compliments and be accepting of criticism.
Improve your service
As a business owner, you know you are primarily selling food and drinks to your customers. But apart from these, you have a service-oriented business. This means that while you may offer gourmet food, you need to know how to please your customers through proper treatment. To help improve your customers’ dining experience, you need to remember these things:
- Be competitive. In your line of work, chances are you already know who your competition is. You need to step up your game and offer something much more than what they are doing.
- Continually create new things. When you have a business, you have to remember to keep experimenting with new things. You’ll need to do these so your customers will be excited to try what you are offering in your establishment. This is particularly true if you have created something completely new and unique to other establishments in your area.
- Know your customers. You also need to know who your customers are and analyze what their spending habits are. This way, you’ll be able to make the right promotions your patron customers will enjoy the most.
- Identify your weak points. As a service-oriented business, you have to identify what your weakest and strongest points are. Once you have obtained this information, you should do your best to address these issues the best way you can. By addressing your weak points, you’ll be able to improve and perform better for your bar and grill.
Know your business
It is never enough to know what you are selling; you should also know what your business is truly about. Once you discover your business is here to improve your customer’s happiness, you’ll already know what it takes to achieve this. And with this knowledge, you will not have a difficult time in addressing the concerns of your customers. With the right tools and attitude, your bar and grill can be a huge success.
Apart from knowing your business, you also need to know yourself and what you are capable of doing for your establishment. As a business owner, you have to have the right personality traits to be a good leader for your employees. You need to possess these attitudes:
- Balance work and private life
- Business sense
- Leadership skills
- People skills
- Positive energy
When you possess these traits, you’ll be able to launch your bar and grill and not worry about how you can improve your establishment. With these traits, you already know how to be successful for your business so it’s only a matter of time before you get to know your customers and give them the promotions they need.
Written by the staff at Willie’s Pub and Pool. Willie’s has great drink specials and is one of the best bars in Columbia MO.